Ego sum vita


Hi. I created you, and you, and you, and you, and you. You don’t believe me. I know. But I did. You see, I was fascinated with the world before it even came to be, and because of that I loved it. I witnessed how the sun loved the moon though they could never meet. I watched as the stars danced in the night sky, circling the universe, clinging to every ray of light. I sought this rock you live in today, and wrapped it in a cloth cut from my own robe to make it a home. I oversaw the bond formed between the land and the sky, and how the sea would send kisses to the shoreline whenever they touched.. I lived for this, but I was not contented. You see, there was only two of us in the beginning. Mortem and I were the best of friends. I would send him gifts, and these gifts would be the best that I could offer. After all, Mortem was not just my friend. He was also my lover. We were in love. Time came when I had run out of gifts to give him, and I felt hopeless knowing that my imagination has already reached its limits. But alas, I was me after all, and I didn’t give up. I always wanted the best for him. So I started chanting. Ego creo quod loquor. I create as I speak. I spoke of the love between the sun and the moon, of the light that emitted every time the stars danced in the night sky, of the rock that I had cradled until it became a home, of the sweet kisses from the sea to the land and the sky.  I spoke of love, and faith, and hope, and joy, and kindness, and everything good in this world. And with every word I spoke, the universe conspired to make it reality. And thus, you were born, and you were beautiful. And I couldn’t imagine any better gift to my lover than you. I never stopped speaking of the good things, adding you into the mix created more of you, slowly filling the home I created. And all of you were beautiful, and all of you I sent to meet your father, Mortem, as everlasting symbols of my love for him. And he loved you. He kept you safe. He kept you forever. And my dear, remember this in your journey to your father’s embrace: you are special. For I am life and he is death, and we are your parents.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benjo Cruz: The Lugaw King of Bulacan

Pampanga: Oh surREAL!

Just Wanted To Let You Know